- Heart disease: 696,962
- Cancer: 602,350
- COVID-19: 350,831
- Accidents (unintentional injuries): 200,955
- Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 160,264
- Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 152,657
- Alzheimer’s disease: 134,242
- Diabetes: 102,188
- Influenza and pneumonia: 53,544
- Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 52,54
- These are the Top 10 Causes of Death for 2020 in the USA. As you can see, 9 out of the top 10 are related to inflammatory processes with heart disease leading the pack. Interestingly, the USA is the only developed nation as a member of the World Economic Forum (34 countries) where heart disease is the #1 killer. All the rest, the #1 killer is Cancer which is more than 1000 different diseases.
We have become so consumed with the false narrative of lowering cholesterol to stop heart disease (a red herring) that we have ignored the underlying cause. What causes heart disease? INFLAMMATION. Lowering cholesterol to stop heart disease is like killing off firemen to stop fires!!!! Cholesterol is a repair mechanism that adheres to the arterial walls when they are inflamed, to repair leaks (dissecting aneurysms). Each and every year the percentages are the same for cholesterol levels of those deaths from cardiovascular disease: 15% have high cholesterol, 50% have normal cholesterol and 35% have low cholesterol. It is not the cholesterol…. it is the inflammation!!!
How about Cancer? Cellular non-differentiation is associated with the INFLAMMATORY CASCADE. Not only does inflammation promote Cancer, but reducing inflammation by increasing FAT INTAKE (Ketogenic diet) can actually stop cancer in its tracks by starving Cancer of its main fuel source (sugars).
How about Alzheimer’s Disease and Type ll Diabetes? Dr. David Perlmutter has written a book called THE GRAIN BRAIN that accurately discusses the effects of refined carbohydrates on brain function including insulin resistance along with cognitive decline.
INFLAMMATION is the key to US MORTALITY RATES. Somehow, the US spends more money on healthcare than the rest of the world put together and we are still RANKED 77th IN MORTALITY and 191st IN LONGEVITY. When are we as a society going to WAKE UP and acknowledge the fact that US Healthcare is all about one thing, INCOMES, What we should be focusing on is OUTCOMES!